Breakfast Recipe Beef Sausage
Use this breakfast recipe beef sausage to show everyone just how great an all beef sausage can taste.
The flavors are similar to a pork breakfast sausage, but the use of beef gives it an extra special depth.
This is an especially good sausage to serve anyone who has dietary restrictions and can't (or isn't supposed to) eat pork and thought they had to give up great breakfast sausage for that reason.
This sausage is actually better when it has had a chance to sit and age for a few hours before cooking, but you can make it up on the spur of the moment if you have ground beef on hand.
The recipe is designed so you can easily adjust it for smaller or larger batches.
- 4 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons ground or rubbed sage
2 teaspoons fine ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground dry thyme
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Put your ground beef into a large mixing bowl and add all the spices.
- Use your hands to very thoroughly mix the meat and spices together. Mix for at least three minutes, making sure all the spice mixture is incorporated.
- Form a small patty and quickly fry it to check the flavor. If need be, now is the time to adjust spices to suit your own taste.
- Let the sausage rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator, then form it into patties or package it in bulk.
- You can certainly use this sausage immediately, but the flavors will be enhanced if it is given a chance to rest.
When I know my pork-deprived family members will be visiting, I make a large batch of this breakfast recipe beef sausage, form it all into individual patties, and freeze them between layers of wax paper.
Then I can just peel out as many patties as I need at the time and put them directly into the frying pan. There's no need to thaw them first, as long as you keep the patties reasonably thin when you first form them.
This is a simple, elegant, and tasty beef sausage recipe and your family is sure to give you compliments when you serve it but...
...For yet another great alternative to pork breakfast sausage,
Go from this Breakfast Recipe Beef Sausage to more Beef Sausage Recipes
Click Here to go to the Sausage Making Home Page